Tuesday 12 February 2013

Biggest Loser: Week 6

TheJavaMama

What a busy life the past days!!! Need some breathing space. This post is late, but better late than never.

Progress:

Loss 1.5 pounds. For a total of 10 pounds. Wohooo, I'm halfway to my short-term goal. I must say, it's been easier (not easy, just easier!) than I thought It would be and I realize that its because my mindset has changed. I can really stick to this "eating healthy" lifestyle because I feel good doing it.

Things that have helped me:

Using the myfitnesspal app to calculate how much calories I'm eating a day, has really helped me control how much I eat. I have eaten out a few days and being able to plan my meals according to what i'm going to eat that day has helped me. If I know lunch is going to be big, I'll have a smaller breakfast or a shake. Before I eat something, I'll log in to check the calorie count, to see if there is something in the meal I should skip or substitute. It's really been a helpful tool and also I believe part of my success to this point. An example, is that last week, I went to Chipotle for lunch and had a chicken burrito, that burrito alone is huge and has about 900 calories! But I planned it out and had a small breakfast, and only some fruit for dinner (was still full from that burrito) because I was out of calories, but I still got to eat what I was craving.

Exercise:

I said last week that I wanted to exercise more. I sincerely did try, but my 3 year old, decided to ruin my favorite exercise routine DVD (which is no longer produced). NOOOOO....so, although I did workout 3 times last week, It was mostly testing out new routines, to figure out which one worked better for me. I don't feel like the workouts were "good enough" workout sessions because I was still testing them all out. I have found a routine that works and I enjoy, so I will be doing that this week and hopefully will feel like I did a GOOOD fat/calorie burning workout! :)

Confession:

I had 2 cupcakes on Sunday for my daughters b.day, they tasted so delicious, and I don't feel bad about it, because, I've been really good and I did not eat any further "junk food" for the rest of the day. Sometimes you just need to cheat. ha ha....

Hope you all had successful weeks.


2 comments:

  1. Great job, Natalie! 1.5 pounds is a great loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a 1.5 pound loss! That is awesome! We all need a cheat day. You earned those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete