Wednesday 30 January 2013

"Call Me Fanatic" - Poem

Call me fanatic if you will.
Call me crazy if you will.
Call me abnormal if you will.

But you just don't get it, you just don't understand.

You weren't there, when he gave my life meaning
You weren't there, when he held me in my loneliness
You weren't there, when he gave me strength in deception
You weren't there, when he healed my loved one of cancer
You weren't there, when he saved my sibling from disaster
You weren't there, when he kept me from drugs & disease
You weren't there, when he kept me from addiction
You weren't there, when everyone left, only He remained
You weren't there, when he healed my soul from pain
You weren't there, when he kept me from harms way
You weren't there, when he provided, when there was not a cent left
You weren't there, when he showed me love in my weaknesses
You weren't there, when he made a way, where there was no way
You weren't there, when he opened a door, that was forever shut
You weren't there, when he gave me peace that surpasses all understanding
You weren't there, when he showed me light in the darkness
You weren't there, when he wiped my tears
You weren't there, when he filled me with wondrous power
You weren't there, when he forgave all of my sins
You weren't there, when he blessed me, with more than I deserved
You weren't there, when he answered all of my prayers....

Call me fanatical if you will, but YOU JUST WEREN'T THERE.

-Me

Some people will never understand why we dedicate so much to serving God, why we spend so much time in his presence, why we work in his business without getting anything in return. But the truth is, there's nothing that can compare, to God's presence, it's a bit of heaven on this earth! Anything that we do here on earth, could never re-pay the Lord for the salvation he offers us, for his mercies every morning and for the faithfulness he has shown us, even in our weaknesses. He's done so much for us, how can we not serve HIM!?!? If they want to call me fanatic, so be it, I am a fan of JESUS. Why not? The world has so many idols and love for human beings, and even cry and scream when they see them, just another human being, like you and me! So why is it fanatical and crazy to cry and worship in the presence of the almighty GOD, who is not human, who is all power, who has done so much for me and the ones I love? I say it's more crazy to worship a human being, than it is to worship, the CREATOR of all. But I'll leave that up to you to decide. Call me crazy if you will, but you just weren't there.


"Preaching about the cross sounds foolish to those who are dying in sin. But it is the power of God to those of us who are being saved from the punishment of sin" - 1 Corinthians 1:18 (NLV)

No comments:

Post a Comment